Saturday, June 19, 2010

Cape Collinson


View Hong Kong bikesandbuildings in a larger map































My new favorite place to ride is Cape Collinson road out the back of Chai Wan on Hong Kong Island, also known as the D's by SIR Cycling for some reason. It's an out and back road that feeds past some graves towards a youth detention centre. Crucially, it's a quiet single track lane with no buses, it has great views over the surrounding coast and it's a steep enough to make you work however lazy you're feeling just to get up the gradient, but it's not ridiculous if you're still trying to clear a hangover (who, me?). Afterwards I can also head down to Shek-O to hang out on benchs with old men and stock up on Pocari whilst contemplating how dreadful the England football team is. Who says you have to get up at the crack of dawn to train on Hong Kong Island?

1 comment :

  1. Damn, I wish I knew about this route when I lived in Honkers.

    ReplyDelete