Friday, May 21, 2010

Chi Ma What?


Bit of a catch up post from last Sunday's Action Asia mtb race around Chi Ma Wan. The good news was that former HKMBA chairman Bob (pictured with Afgan beard above) was back visiting from Afganistan for the week so it was great to catch up, the beers in the China Bear waiting for the ferry back to Central being a particular highlight.



The bad was that I seem to have lost my mojo for racing mountain bikes. I always seem to finish the same position in these races (between 6th and 8th) and Sunday I was 7th. I won my age category (welcome to the 30's) with plenty of room to spare but somehow I'm still so far off really competing in these races and it takes so much effort to keep the mtb technical skills going that I'm not sure how many more Action Asia races I'll do. I enjoy the social aspect but when the winner puts 20 minutes into you in 2 hours, but you can beat him on the road it makes you wonder what you're doing! We'll see. Bob's photos up here and some more action photos here.http://www.actionasiaevents.com

1 comment :

  1. man... not bad at all !!
    MTB definitely requires a lot of training for off-road skills and also the right mindset (aka, not being scared to go down...).

    ReplyDelete